Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Good News and Bad News

Well, I didn't see that coming. I took the weekend off of counting points. I ate healthy until Sunday night, when the husband and I split an entire Meat Magnifico pizza as we watched football. I don't generally like meat on my pizza, but man...they don't call it Meat Magnifico for nothing. Monday and Tuesday? I sort of counted points. And I sort of finished a bag of tortilla chips after my meeting Tuesday night.

So, I was not expecting much when I stepped on the scale on Wednesday morning. But there it was. Down 2.4 pounds. This is not good.

Why wouldn't I celebrate a 2.4 pound weight loss? Because I lost it while cheating. And cheating via half a pizza. Who knows how much I would have lost if I had just stuck to the plan.

There is part of me that now thinks that I can follow the plan most days and lose weight. And I would probably be right. There was an article years ago that talked about just this thing. That if you change your eating habits 5 days a week, you're still making enough of a change to see results on the scale. Which is probably what happened. And it's probably what I'm going to try again for this week. I want to lose weight and I want to be healthier. But I also want to live my life, which includes having a piece of my dad's birthday cake on Saturday. Guess we'll see how it ends up on the scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment