Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day 2: The Hatred Continues

So after yesterday's debacle, I woke up this morning with a renewed energy. I can do this. Right? Or not.

I made what I thought was a better breakfast. Still had the coffee and creamer (again, I'm a mom), but toasted a bagel thin and made a sandwich with a piece of breakfast ham. Nothing fancy, more protein, fewer carbs. Should be good to go. Nope. Same 9 points for breakfast. Great. And went with a lower point lunch - one of those frozen Kashi meals that everyone talks about as being so healthy. Really, just an emergency "I need to eat something in the 5 minute window that my daughter is content" lunches, but still, a healthy choice. 110 calories less than yesterday for whopping a points saving of 2. This just isn't right.

So, what did I do? Other than blow the rest of my points for the day on a bag of microwave popcorn? I went to the Weight Watchers message boards. Apparently if you are an online member, you get access to pretty much nothing. I have the calculator and the online journal, and then I am on my own. Though they do have message boards for all of the support and answers a girl could ever want. Except that Weight Watchers is fiercely protective of anything that they could charge someone for, and since their message boards are free to use, you aren't allowed to post any actual points information on them. And questions are not answered by Weight Watchers staffers; you are at the mercy of the other members who happen to be hanging out on the message boards. So what happens? I posted some questions, and watched as people just posted what they wanted to. I asked for breakfast ideas that didn't involve eggs (since, again, I don't eat them). What did I get? Six ways to cook eggs. I asked about the fact that it didn't seem like I was eating enough calories; I got lots of people telling me how great Weight Watchers is. And when I posted that I was planning on eating the dinner I had already made - spinach lasagna rollups - but was concerned that a 360 calorie dinner had so many points, more than one person told me to make it with fat free ricotta and add more veggies. Perfect information to use once my time machine starts working again. You have got to be kidding me. THIS is the most popular weight loss plan in the country? Maybe this is why we're all so fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment