Friday, December 31, 2010

Welcome to Healthy & Fit Mommy

The internet is full of blogs by moms who have it all together. They exercise. They cook healthy meals for their family every night. They craft beautiful projects with their kids and never would even consider letting them eat french fries for lunch. They write about the virtues of keeping their kids in rear facing car seats until they’re in pre-school, making their own baby food, cloth diapering, and never ever watching television. If you’re interested in those things, you will need to look somewhere else. I’m none of those. I’m a real mom who is attempting to make some healthy changes in our lives. You know, just so my daughter doesn’t think that broccoli only exists as a character on Sesame Street.

SO…what IS this blog about? It’s about my journey towards being one of those healthy, fit moms that I see at the playground. You know the ones. But not so put-together. I’m not a miracle worker. But I am hoping to lose a few pounds, make healthier meal choices, do a little more exercise than chasing my daughter around the house, and basically make sure that I am around long enough to let me grandchildren do all the things that I don’t let my daughter do.

No comments:

Post a Comment